The most effective method to PLAN MOBILE APP DEVELOPMENT FOR YOUR BUSINESS
The most effective method of planning mobile app development for your business has the following steps involved. These steps are broadly divided into:
- Understanding the business need for an app – Mobile is indispensable. There is every type of app available in the Android Playstore, iOS App Store and Windows App Store for every type of service, product or business. Every study and research indicate that mobile is the future for any business.
- Development of an idea and defining a need or shortcoming – You have an idea for a mobile app; great! But having an idea is merely not enough. You need to identify a need or a shortcoming which your mobile app idea will fulfil.
- Defining a Goal – A mobile application development plan should have a defined goal to achieve. You should define every process aim in detail. You have to break down the purpose, mission, its primary function, core appeal, aesthetics, specific problems to be solved, what part of life it will make better.
- Putting your idea on Paper – This step is essential because from here all the actual work begins. Put on paper how your app will solve problems and needs. How will it function? How will it be developed? How will it look? What functions shall it perform? Where to release the app? Will it be free, freemium or paid?
Planning and putting on paper will get to your dream of app development quicker.
- Research – A major part of development in the initial phase is research on the app. There are four aims of the research.
- Whether there are other mobile apps doing the same thing?
- What kind of design inspiration will work for your app?
- Information on the technical requirements for your app?
- How you can market and monetize your app?
- Determining technical requirements of your mobile app – This is the second step in mobile app development process. Here you will have to determine how you will make an app and what technology stack you will use to develop it. Whether you will go for Android, iOS or Windows or you will create the bespoke framework.
- Identification and hiring of a mobile app development team – After determining technical requirements, the next step is to determine whether to hire a freelance team who will work offsite or onsite. Or, give the contract to a mobile app development service company. Or, to hire a team of mobile app developers in house.
- Project Management – The next step is actual development process. Once a team or company is hired for mobile application development, the Project Manager determines and chalks out a plan of action of which the following are determined and put on paper.
- Technology stack and development keys
- Process of development
- Timeframe of project completion
- Cost of the whole project
After the completion of the project, when the actual mobile application takes shape. The step of Testing comes into the picture. The tester or testing team determines whether the mobile app is working. Finds and fixes major and/or minor bugs. Determines whether the app is made according to the needs and requirements. It also determines whether a mobile app is “Release” worthy.
This step actually is the step when a mobile app is ready to be released in the apps gallery. The business has to decide whether their app will be released as a full version or beta version at first.
Once the app shows up in the app gallery, there is a healthy chance that your mobile app will be a hit among users. The app needs to upgrade itself with new features and more robust functionality.
Mobile app development is a long and meticulous project, which requires a lot of patience and a strong vision.